Sunday, December 19, 2010

Crazy people should not live together.

Back in October of this year I moved into an apartment with my friend Caresse. I think we really had no idea how crazy each other are when making this arrangement, and therefore cannot be held accountable for the lack of common sense when putting our 2 minds together. I have been known to make absurd suggestions at times for no particular reason other than the fact that the idea came to my mind. Typically, there's always someone there, someone grounded in reality enough to know how not good of an idea my suggestion really is. But this is not the case with Caresse. I make crazy absurd suggestions, like usual, and Caresse immediately jumps on the idea, no matter how impossible or stupid and sometimes delusional my crazy ideas are. I will give an example of one such crazy idea.

On a night not too long ago, getting close to midnight, Caresse and I were driving home from somewhere when we saw a guy walking along the usually busy street, hoodie over head, all dark colors. My immediate reaction is to say, "He looks creepy." While Caresse laughs and tells me she thinks he looks cool. So, jokingly I tell her, "We should give him a ride home." Obviously, I'm not serious because I just told her I thought the guy was creepy, but Caresse starts laughing again and says, "Chelsea, I would do that!"

The next thing I know, she is turning the car around and now we're following this random guy like creepy stalkers. Pretty much, the guy had ear bugs in or something because he did not turn around to the sound of Caresse's little Geo metro honking at him. Eventually we got up next to him and I just waved at the guy who seriously had no idea we'd just been stalking him for the last 5 minutes. He waved back. Ha ha.

After we got home, we just couldn't stop laughing. Hopefully, the next crazy idea has no major consequences.

1 comment:

  1. Haha that reminds me of something my friends and I did the semester I met David. We drove around Rexburg asking random people if they needed rides, and most said no. But we took a few to where they were headed and I think one of my friends even got a date out of it! Granted, it was rexburg and pretty much the entire population is BYUI students, so it was a little different haha.

    ReplyDelete