Saturday, January 18, 2014

Of Things Eternal

On December 28th, 2013 My husband and I entered the temple to make very special covenants. 

We were able to have many friends and family present as we promised each other for eternity. And then the moment our little boys were brought into the room and we were sealed together for all time and eternity as a family, my heart was overjoyed. I am so grateful for that experience and for the opportunity to improve my life each day. As I write this, I can can't help but think of the words of one of my favorite primary hymns which goes like this: 
I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain
And ponder on the beauty of an Earth made clean again.
I want my life to be as clean as Earth right after rain.
 I want to be the best I can to live with God again.

When everything was finished, we stepped outside in the chilly winter night. It was sprinkling out, and the ground was wet. I heard the words of that song in my mind and I knew that this was my chance to be clean again and to do my best in the future. What a beautiful hope I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment