Monday, February 27, 2012

The Waiting Game

Today as I sit and write this I am 38 weeks and 1 day along. This baby is full term and it's just a matter of time now before he decides he's ready to come out and meet us. I've been lucky to have lots of appointments to watch and make sure he's healthy because of the positive quad screening from earlier in the pregnancy, and as of Saturday the nurse said I am 2cm dilated and about 80% effaced. The doctor doesn't think I'll make it to my March 11th due date, so my mom took that as the answer to book her flight earlier rather than later. She'll be here on Wednesday and I'm so excited!

I've been meaning to write a blog now for a while, but I just can't sit still long enough, but I figured there's not a whole lot of time time left, so I better just get it over with. My back already hurts and it's been like 3 minutes. Ugh.

I'm so excited to welcome our little Rhodri into our family. I'm excited to see his reaction face to face when I get to sing to him for the first time. He always gets so active when I sing to him now, and I know he loves it. I'm sure he'll be plenty energetic too. And of course I've been day dreaming about how he will look. What color hair and eyes he will have, whether he'll look more like me or Tyson. I don't know. I'm just so excited for this sweet little boy to get here!

I can't forget to mention how blessed we have been. We literally have everything that we need, and very little of the things we have were purchased by us. I can't begin to thank everyone who has helped us enough for all of their generosity. Heavenly Father has truly looked out for us and made it possible to give our little boy what he needs. I just hope that I can do my part now and be the best mom possible for Rhodri.

Here's a picture from me ealier today:

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to meet him too and I know you will be a great mom! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO so excited for him to get here! I can't wait to meet the little guy! You are going to be such an amazing mom Chelsea! =]

    ReplyDelete