Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Best Gift

All the best experts and baby books in the world could not have prepared me for the blissful euphoria of seeing my sweet baby boy for the first time. On March 8, 7:37AM after only 17 minutes of pushing, I heard Rhodri's tiny cry and then felt the warmth of him as he was layed on my chest. He weighed in at 7 pounds 2 ounces, 20 inches long. He was as average as babies can be, perfect, and not a sign of down syndrome anywhere on his tiny body, though I wouldn't have loved him any less if there was.


I feel like I have always know Rhodri, that he was always meant to be my boy. When I think that I have had him for only a month and a half, it seems surprising to me. That's all? It's because of this feeling that I know he and I knew each other before this life, and he has been waiting for me, and now he is here.

Rhodri, about 7 minutes after birth.


A few days after we took him home, don't let the date fool you. Funky Camera setting, it's fixed now.


Sleeping peacefully


He must be extremely photogenic...


Beautiful smile


I love being a mom. It is the best gift in the Universe that Heavenly father would entrust me with this sweet spirit. He is perfect, and I love him more than words can adequately describe.

1 comment: