Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Other Gift

Rhodri is my best gift that God has given me. He was sent to me to remind me of who I am and why I am here. My other gift is the gift of music. I have in the last several years allowed music to become a part of my past and not the present, which is one of my greatest mistakes and regrets in life. 

Recently, I started to make an effort, with the help of my little music child, to make music an everyday occurrence in our home. I've even started to be in the ward and stake choirs in church, which surprising for me (since I've always been such a music snob), felt wonderful. It felt like being home again. I hope to continue in this direction. I'm sure Rhodri will appreciate it.


After performing in the last stake conference, I had some inquiries from people in my ward about when I was planning to sing in church as a solo, and somehow a date was set and I was able to find someone to play for me and now I'm preparing for my first solo since about 3 years and it's going to be in a little over a week. Am I nervous? You bet. But I'm also very excited because it's one of my favorite songs, and I've already had some practice with the accompanist which went really well. I can't wait to do this. I hope that the performance will be as good as our practice sessions have been. 

No comments:

Post a Comment